2.12.14

Jet set janitor

I sit above and watch the storm roll in, tile balcony like a cruise ship, high above the water - infinite horizon. Lightning hits the open expanse and a ten-count thunder cracks at the shore. I watch ocean liners and tiny boats traverse across the greyscale sky, obscure views of islands 50km away. Our host - a Japanese lady from Sacramento, a million-miler, cropped hair and a floral lazy dress, buzzing kinetic. Next time you come to my place in Tokyo! I joke with my friends, my job is International Toilet Cleaner! Toilets in Tokyo toilets in Cali! Best staff in the world! They bring me more blankets and tidy around the remanants of breakfast, backyard orange bananas broken wild from Lord Cavendish. 
It's raining over the infinity pool. My partner said, build it small! She says. My pool in Sacramento, strange shape no good for laps. I say bigger! So I bought the whole place, bye bye partner! I love her choice I say, fresh blankets in hand, staff at the ready. Soon I'll get out of my kimono, new and silk, when the waves stop in infinity. She'll start her laps too, soon, we dirty glamour'd.